Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:08:14 +0200
From:      Stefan =?iso-8859-1?Q?E=DFer?= <se@freebsd.org>
To:        Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net>
Cc:        Marcus Grando <marcus@sbh.eng.br>
Subject:   Re: DWL-520+ and others cards

On 2003-07-22 09:47 +0200, Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 09:43:29AM +0200, Stefan E?er wrote:
> > I had a look and found, that the driver comes under a
> > BSD licence and that BSD is mentioned as a target OS!
>
> See ath(4) in -CURRENT.

In fact I'm waiting for availability of Atheros based cards in Germany.
But they are not eben announced on the European Linksys/D-Link/Netgear
web-sites (i.e. I do not think, that they'll become officially available
soon). (For example: Linksys offers the WRT55AG and corresponding cards
in the US, the WRT54G and xxx54G cards in Europe.)

Besides, having the TI-WLAN chip supported would allow use of the other
half of the cheap 802.11b cards that are not based on the Prism/Hermes
chip. You often can't tell, whether you'll receive a supported card or
not since many manufacturers changed their card and kept the name (often
from Prism to ACX100).

So, having ACX100 support in FreeBSD would definitely be a good thing!

Regards, STefan