Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:00:51 -0600
From:      "Donald J. O'Neill" <duncan.fbsd@gmail.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best way to print photos

On Friday 31 March 2006 10:34, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> Let's assume for the moment that my PPD is good.  I guess I'm looking
> for something more basic: how do I take the .jpg from my camera and
> get a photo on my printer.  What's the conversion process?
>
> Warner

Your going to have to look at gphoto2 and libgphoto2, and digikam. I
don't have a camera anymore so I can't check it to make sure of the
exact procedure. I would also expect to be doing it as root until you
get the permissions set right.

The camera I used connected to a serial port. There are more options
available now with newer cameras.

Don