Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:28:04 +0200
From:      Vincent Jardin <vjardin@wanadoo.fr>
To:        Franky <franky@is.net.pl>, "freebsd-atm" <freebsd-atm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: patm, idt, ipfw

Le Lundi 29 Septembre 2003 01:13, Franky a =E9crit :
> Hello,
> I have two problems:
> 1. Driver patm on FreeBSD 5.1 do kernel panic, probably when pdu has CR=
> error. This router terminates Alcatel DSLAM with 16 connetcted ADSL mod=
ems
> (Cisco 827 or Alcatel Speedtouch Pro), sometimes PDU is incorrect and p=
atm
> do panic sends message - something like this "recive to large bufer dat=
> 219 98989 bytes".

Yes, it looks a bit big ;-( How long do you have to wait before getting t=
his=20
panic ? Is it always the same panic with the same number of bytes ?

> 2. In the same router I use ForeRunner LE155 card. This card works bett=
er
> but send messages: nicstar_recv: Bad CRC - discarding PDU: 0/142
> but this is normal, so router works.
> When I try to use ipfw with queue/pipe, the idt driver do panic too, bu=
> message is different -
> something about mem pages.

Could you provide more information (the error message and a dump of the s=
tack)=20
?

> What do you think about this?
> I will try to use prosum driver on FreeBSD 4.xx, maybe it will be work

Please, could you tell us if it works ? In this case, could you check wit=
h=20
dmesg wether it does not detect a problem too ?

Regards,
  Vincent