Date:      Sun, 11 May 1997 15:14:24 -1000
From:      richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk)
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: which sound card?

} grab this file:
} ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/sorrydave.au

I'm getting a `Connection refused' from you just now.  But I already have
a copy, cksum:

1887305151 29684 sorrydave.au

} cat sorrydave.au >/dev/audio
}
} If you have an audio server kill it before catting the audio file.
}
} 	Tnks,
} 	Amancio

No audio server yet.  I still get throbbing, raspy, looping garbage.
It seemed like the data wasn't making it to the board's buffer, but
different input files elicit different garbage.

It sounds like the sample rate is off by some very large amount.  But
I've tried modifying data in both directions with sox, to no avail --
it just sounds different, not recognizable.

Richard