Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:47:10 -0800
From:      "Eric Ogren" <eogren@stanford.edu>
To:        "Alex M" <alex@myzona.net>, "Zhiui Zhang" <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>, "FreeBSD STABLE" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cvsup problem

[sorry for the ugly formatting, yes, Outlook sucks]

OK, here's how the CVS tags work:

 ports: tag=. is the only option you can use. Anything else will delete your
ports tree (actually, I think we might tag the ports tree right before a
release so we have a snapshot of it, but this won't help you much if you're
trying to keep your ports collection updated).
 The above is also true for the doc tree.

  src: tag=. will get you sources for -CURRENT, tag=RELENG_4 will get
you -STABLE, RELENG_3 3.X, and so forth.

Hope that helped,

Eric