Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2016 21:32:36 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   No port should need root for make fetch

Hi ports@
IMO No port should need root for
	cd /usr/ports; make -i fetch
The first one that broke for me was databases/mysql-q4m
(OK might be others before, but I have DUDS =
	 arabic biology chinese hebrew hungarian japanese korean
	 polish portuguese russian ukrainian vietnamese games demime
	 majordomo acroreadwrapper acroread9 chimera dosbox emil
	 firefox freerdp gimp-app gv libcue mp3splt-gtk nut opera
	 ripit vlc xorg xsane
)
(MAINTAINER CC'd) but there's more ports beyond, usually because
some ports also go berserk & install, or mabe install dependents.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Linux Unix Sys Eng Consultant Munich
 Reply below, Prefix '> '. Plain text, No .doc, base64, HTML, quoted-printable.