Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 1996 12:39:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        jab@rock.anchorage.net (Jeffrey Barber)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Very Slow Ethernet Link (FreeBSD v. Linux)

Jeffrey Barber wrote:

> Thanks for all the responses but still no luck. I had to put linux on =
> the system instead. But I did run a ftp test comparing FreeBSD to Linux. =

	Jeff, you have to provide us some information about your system
	in order for us to help you.

	if you do not provide information on your system, we must conclude
	that you are not interested in trying to solve your configuration
	problem.

	we routinely get 2.5MB/s (thats bytes, not bits) thru a 100BaseT
	ethernet connection from wcarchive.cdrom.com to a core router
	on the internet.
jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler           FreeBSD Postmaster             jmb@FreeBSD.ORG