Date:      Sun, 30 Nov 1997 14:18:39 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question/suggestion re pine port

Greetings, :)

	According to the Makefile, ports@ is the maintainer for the pine port,
so I have a question and a suggestion. First off, I'm curious as to why
the patches we supply build -g versions of the binaries.  Not a big
deal, just wondering. :) I also have a suggestion regarding installing
the default version of the pine.conf file.  At minimum something like
this in the pine/files/Makefile would be useful I think:
/usr/local/bin/pine -conf > /usr/local/share/doc/pine/pine.conf
You might also consider cp'ing that file to /usr/local/etc if there is
not currently a pine.conf there, or maybe even copy
/usr/local/etc/pine.conf to /usr/local/etc/pine.conf.old?

Hope this helps,

Doug