Date:      Sun, 5 Dec 1999 12:11:36 -0800
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@shale.csir.co.za>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        vanilla@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: glib12/gtk12 ports

Hi,

I'm the origionator of most of the patches in these two ports.

On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 03:47:51PM +0100, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
> I mean, some patches offsets are off by 5000 lines, try to fix things
> which shouldn't be fixed (like poll checking, which is present in
> current autoconf scripts) or insert things which are present in the
> newer configure scripts.

Please be very careful playing here.  The poll checks are out of date
for -current, which now has poll in libc_r, but not for -stable AFAIK.
The configure scripts find the poll in libc though and causes the build
to fail.

Also, the policy on the patches (as with all the GNOME ports) has been
to minimise the diffs to the patches, and only regenerate them when they
fail to apply to a new version.  It just makes reading of diffs of
patches easier.

> I shall be reworking the patches unless you give me a sign not to, but I
> am not happy about this patches dir's bitrot.  It reeks of bad practice.

That's uncalled for, and rude, and I'd ask that you apologise to
Vanilla.

 -Jeremy

--
  |    What will people think when they hear that I'm a Jesus freak?
--+--  What will people do when they find that it's true?