Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:13:49 -0700
From:      Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Jason Zawacki <jzawacki@appliedtheory.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: vinum IDE RAID5 troubles

I had similar problems that you descrivbe using a BP6 in a news servers.
vinum/promise, etc.

I switched to an INtel L440GB MB, and the issues disappeared.  Same RAM,
different processors.

I think the BP6 has problems under heavy load.  I know some people get
it to work, but it just flat out didn't for me.

SO unfortunately, my only suggestion is to get a different mobo.