Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:46:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Jolok <joshualokken@attbi.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help,  please!

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Jolok wrote:

> Hello;
>
> I am anxious to begin using your distribution.  I am currently
running Win2k on IDE-0, 40GB, and I have a 3.2 GB slave drive I
want to use for FreeBSD.  I've figured out the config and install,
but the boot manager...Can Boot Easy write to NTFS, or do I need to
create a small FAT slice on IDE-0?  Can I just add FreeBSD to Win's
boot.ini file?  Thanks for your help!

> Jolok

Wrap lines at 72 characters or so, please...

booteasy gets installed in the MBR, which should work fine.
There is no need to create a FAT slice.  You do have to
install it on the first hard drive, though (ad0).  You can
do this during installation (press F1 for details when the
boot manager dialog comes up).

You can also use the win2k boot loader, but you have to
install first and copy the boot image--not sure whether the
details are covered in the FAQ or not.

	Annelise
--
Annelise Anderson
Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC