Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 10:24:34 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@roguetrader.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   new ports selection option of install

Is it just me, or is the ports selection option, as it stands in 2.2.5
(and last I checked in 3.0) rather... useless?

It takes FOREVER to install all of the ports, and usually all I want is
three or so ports. are there plans to split up the ports collections at
least into sub sections based off their categories?  Even best of all
would be to do them the same as packages, letting you pick and choose.

-Brandon Gillespie