Date:      Wed, 3 Jun 1998 10:16:23 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <aklemm@hightek.com>
To:        "Alex G. Bulushev" <bag@sinbin.demos.su>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apache/freebsd limits on vhost servers

On Wed, May 27, 1998 at 07:38:05PM +0400, Alex G. Bulushev wrote:
> > At 09:17 AM 5/27/98 +0100, Karl Pielorz wrote:
> > >You should be OK with a couple of hundred - the real killer is when you get
> > >apache to write the log files for each virtual host to seperate files...
> > >This eats up file-descriptors...
> >
> > Is it better to log all virtuals into one single file? And if so what
> > analyzer works best with this setup?
>
> separate logs usefull for vhosts users, we use separate logs for 380 vhosts
> but FD_SETSIZE = 8192

What exactly influences this define ? The amount of filedescriptors
that can be managed per process ... I read something about a bitmap.
Would be nice if somebody could tell me.

--
B&K Gruppe - Wuppertal                                    <aklemm@hightek.com>
phone +49 202 7399 - 170                                 <andreas@FreeBSD.ORG>