Date:      Fri, 25 May 2012 13:49:03 +0900 (JST)
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        adrian@freebsd.org
Cc:        iwasaki@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, jkim@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: STABLE/9 SMP ACPI suspend/resume - video mode not being restored

Hi, thanks for reporting!

> However, the video mode isn't restored. I have my console set to
> VGA_80x60 and the resume seems to set it up "wrong". I get half or so
> of each line displayed.
>
> A vidcontrol VGA_80x60 restores things to proper working order.
>
> Is there a shortcoming somewhere in syscons/ACPI video restore on -9
> that doesn't properly restore the configured mode?

Do you have vesa(4) in your kernel?  It seems dev/fv/vesa.c:vesa_bios_post()
restore the mode when resuming, but it's maybe incomplete in some cases...
I think great work was done in this area, and we can improve this more.

How about switching vty to other different mode vty and switching back
in order to force changing video mode?
I think it's better than re-run vidcontrol.

> Thanks again for all your hard work! Now that you've done that, I'll
> go off and work on fixing up ath(4) suspend/resume for PCI devices. :)

This is my pleasure :)

Thanks!