Date:      Sun, 31 Dec 2006 09:46:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      "R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        Michael Knoll <michael.knoll@gmail.com>, freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommended gmirror solution with swap?

--- Michael Knoll <michael.knoll@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am planning on converting my FreeBSD machine to use gmirror on two
> 40gig drives.  Reading the handbook and other sites with instructions
> on configuring gmirror, I notice they all disable swap.  Is this
> acceptable?  Is it expected swap be on another drive?  If so, is there
> a solution which I can keep the swap on the mirror. as I don't have
> another drive?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

I do it like this:
% gmirror status
       Name    Status  Components
 mirror/sys  COMPLETE  ad0s1a
                       ad1s1a
mirror/home  COMPLETE  ad0s1d
                       ad1s1d
% graid5 status
      Name        Status  Components
raid5/data  COMPLETE HOT  ad0s1e
                          ad1s1e
                          ad3e
% swapinfo
Device          1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity
/dev/ad0s1b        250016      336   249680     0%
% mount
/dev/mirror/sys on / (ufs, local, soft-updates)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local)
/dev/mirror/home on /usr/home (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/raid5/data on /aux (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad3f on /opt (ufs, local, soft-updates)

-Arne