Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 22:38:27 -0800
From:      gummibear@we.mediaone.net
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   User Groups and Stuff

Hey all!!

Well, I decided to just go ahead and start a BSD based user group in the
Los Angeles area.  I am trying to fill a niche in the Los Angeles based
Unix community.  I have seen tons of Linux groups, but I don't want to join
one of those groups and be labeled as a Linux user.  I use *BSD, and I'm
DAMN proud of it!! :)

Anyways, I needed some help.  Before I start going wild promoting the idea
and what not, I just needed a bit of help.  I have been working on the
homepage for this organization and I needed some constructive criticism.
The one part where I really need some ideas on is a one-liner description
of what BSD is and where/why/how it was created.  You can take a look of
what I came up with, but I'm not too happy with it.  The site needs alot
more to go.  I hope to have it all up and ready by March.

Also, I do have a Yahoo club about BSD...actually my club is on freebsd.org
under User Groups.  I guess now I *really* have to get it up and moving. ;)
 Don't want to dissappoint anyone, right?

I have decided to call it: BSD Users of Los Angeles (BSDULA)

Sort of long and clunky, huh?  Oh well, it gets the point across.  Oh yeah,
I didn't want to just keep it FreeBSD only either so I decided to make it a
general BSD user group.  I guess Linux people are welcome too, but we'll
just try to convert them. *grin*

Thanks for your help!

Joey