Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 1995 01:38:56 -0700
From:      Pete Delaney <pete@RockyMountain.rahul.net>
To:        freebsd-platforms@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        pete@RockyMountain.rahul.net
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD CD-ROM 2.0.5 - Any SPARC Porting Underway?

Forwarded: ...

Re-Subject: Re: FreeBSD CD-ROM 2.0.5 - Any SPARC Porting Underway?
Re-Cc: freebsd-platforms, freebsd-hardware, port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG,
        tech-ports@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-ports@NetBSD.ORG

> For sparc, you want FreeBSD's first cousin NetBSD..
> see www.netbsd.org..

I briefly checked it out. It feels dissapointing to see the Free/Net
BSD UNIX community splintered.

> they have more platforms but we have a better install and cover PC
> hardware better..

Sounds like the old X11R6 vs XFree disintegration. I see no reason why
they should be different source trees.

> you chose which you want..

I saw AT&T break up UNIX into a lot of individual releases and thought
it was stupid. Same for X on the PC and everything else. This doesn't
smell any different.

-pete