Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:24:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Louis-Serge Bouchard <louis@Princeton.EDU>
To:        "K. Greenwood" <k_greenwood1@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: problem with atapi cdrom

Thanks for your msg.

> First, are you booting from CDRom, or from floppy?  I
> really don't know if a pentium 100 would even support
> bootable cd media.

No it doesn't- I have to boot from floppy.

> Have you tried setting up the CDRom as master on the
> secondary IDE channel?  I once upon a time had a beast
> of a time with a specific cdrom set as the slave.

Can you tell me how you did this?  In the bios I see only one component
attached to my IDE, and that is the HD.  The CDROM does not show up
anywhere.  Are both the HD and CDROM controlled by the same IDE channel,
or are they on separate channels (d0,d1) ?  In the userconfig I have d0
and d1 enabled- would I need to choose only d0 for both (doesn't make
sense to me)?

Louis