Date:      Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:08:33 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org, Fredrik Widell <fredrik@widell.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/78349: making of kernel with options SMBFS and NETSMB fails on amd64

On Thursday 03 March 2005 05:13 am, Fredrik Widell wrote:
> 	Cannot get mount_smbfs to work,
> 	mount_smbfs -I 10.0.0.1  //widell@host/share /mnt/share
> 	mount_smbfs: kldload(smbfs): No such file or directory
>
> 	Trying to get mount_smbfs to work I put these 2 lines in my kernelconfig:
>
> 	options                SMBFS
> 	options                NETSMB
>
> 	make fails with the following output:

Check /sys/conf/NOTES again:

#
# SMB/CIFS requester
# NETSMB enables support for SMB protocol, it requires LIBMCHAIN and LIBICONV
# options.
# NETSMBCRYPTO enables support for encrypted passwords.
options         NETSMB                  #SMB/CIFS requester
options         NETSMBCRYPTO            #encrypted password support for SMB

Specifically, note that NETSMB requires LIBMCHAIN and LIBICONV.