Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:34:10 -0500
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        dan@slightlystrange.org, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD Resale Question

On Thursday 28 March 2002 10:53 am, Daniel Bye wrote:
| On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 03:22:43PM +0000, Daniel Bye wrote:
| > On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 10:04:06AM -0500, Michael Wason wrote:
| > > I wish to create CDs from the ISO images on the website and re-sell
| > > them localy. Do I need a lience to do this?
| >
| > The BSD license permits you to do this if you wish.  You must include the
| > original license with any distribution you make available, whether for
| > free or for profit.  See http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/index.html
| > for more details.  I think it is fair to say that you are allowed to do
| > almost anything with the code, except claim it as your own work, or
| > distribute it without the license attached.
|
| Sorry, I forgot to mention - some parts of the ports tree, and other
| software, may be covered by licenses other than the FreeBSD license.

Actually, the ports are all free, since they don't include the actual source
code.

Some packages could be troublesome to redistribute, so you'd need to be
careful about those, but the port collection itself is safe.

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                ME -->  http://www.babbleon.org