Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 2004 05:41:05 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd@chillt.de>
Cc:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openoffice-1.1-devel unable to handle some folder names

On Sun, 2004-Aug-15 13:37:26 +0200, Bartosz Fabianowski wrote:
>The problem is that OOo is unable to handle file or folder names
>containing German umlauts, such as "ä", "ö" and "ü". When I drag a file
>with an umlaut in its name into OOo, a message box pops up telling me
>that the file does not exist.

This could be characterset confusion somewhere: Part of the code
thinks its ISO8859-1 encoding and another part thinks it's UTF-8.
What is your locale set to in FreeBSD?

Out of interest, if you create a file from scratch and save it as
a name including non-ASCII characters:
1) What is the filename reported by ls?
2) Can OOo reopen the file by name?

Peter