Date:      Sun, 10 Oct 2004 22:46:27 -0400
From:      Brian McCann <bjmccann@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NIS issue

I may be misunderstanding what you are saying here, but master.passwd
on the slave servers should never get "updated" with NIS information.
That line that goes at the end tells the authentication process to
look to NIS for further information...same goes with the line that
goes in the group file.  To test that NIS is working correctly, try
using ypcat on a client/slave server to see if it can pull the maps
from the primary server.  If that doesn't work, I may be able to shed
some other light on your problem.  (as usual, just include any error
messages)

Hope that helps,
--Brian