Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:21:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        cristian nicolae <cristian.nicolae@chello.at>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI DAT tape detection on Compaq DL380

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, cristian nicolae wrote:
> I have a Compaq DL380 with an integrated Compaq Smart Array Controller.
> I have succesfully managed to install the FreeBSD 4.2-20010104
> and everything is fine but the DAT drive which is not detected.

The SCSI passthrough interface on that controller isn't supported by
FreeBSD's 'ida' driver.  My impression from reading various docs is that
it is likely to be quite slow as well.

Hook the DAT drive up to the internal SCSI adapter (I assume it has one
since it would be fairly silly not to.)

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |