Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2011 17:27:49 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        rotkap@gmx.de
Cc:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: binary packages for openoffice

Heino Tiedemann wrote:
> "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com> wrote:
> > I looked through ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ls-lR.gz
> > There are binary packages for 8.1 & some earlier, but not for 8.2-RELEASE
> >
> > /pub/FreeBSD/ports/
> > 	i386/ amd64/
> > 	packages-8.1-release/All/openoffice.org-2.4.3_2.tbz
> >
> > (If anyone has built newer, I'd suggest you offer to upload)
>
> I have a fresh libreoffice binary - but - it is german (de).
>
> Heino
>
> PS.: on FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE

Hi, Thanks,
I was looking for openoffice packages for 8.2-RELEASE, not libreoffice
package for 8.2-RELEASE, I'd seen freebsd.org did not have any
openoffice packages for 8.2-RELEASE.

BTW I just built generic (no de specified) libreoffice (make install),
	On 1 x i686 & 1 x amd64 ( & failed on 1 other amd64 curiously,
	am  investigating that ) all on 8.2-RELEASE.
	make package failed though, so I can't offer generic non
	de libreoffice packages to upload.
	make package probably (I didnt check) failed for same reason
	Ive often recently seen make package fail (just here localy)
	'cos  FreeBSD tar is not rigorous enough,
	& nobody has yet commited my tar fixes from 31 Jan 2011
		http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/fixes/FreeBSD/src/gen/usr.bin/tar/
	Standard FreeBSD does not detect genuine errors, so fails
	to return errors, so make package sees no errors, so ports
	Maintainers do not get informed when there's pkg-list errors
	to fix.
	I'm tired of waiting on that tar issue, I'll raise it in current@
	)

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below, not above;  Indent with "> ";  Cumulative like a play script.