Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:35:50 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
To:        Edward Elhauge <ee@uncanny.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Frustration with SCSI system

> I have installed UPS boxes on each machine and that seems to have lowered
> the incidence of failure, but failures still happen; yesterday during our
> heat wave in the San Francisco area (possible brownouts also) I had
> another.

	Lots of fans in the cases... I had a fan go out in one of mine
just a couple of days ago. It was about 75 or so, pulled the computer
apart and almost burned myself on the drive! It was too hot to
touch. Luckily it only ran that way for a day or two... but I'd still
suspect it from no on and will be moving it down to a less critical system
ASAP. I suspect you're seeing similar problems.

					Rick