Date:      Sun, 11 Oct 1998 14:24:19 +0200
From:      Paul Dekkers <P.Dekkers@cgu.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NAT vs. MASQUERADING (e.g. FBSD vs. Linux)

Hi

We now have 2 Linux machine's to do the IP routing, because I always
thought that MASQUERADING under Linux is much better, and besides,
firewall rules under FreeBSD are slower.
Is there anybody with some performance tests done, so that he can say I'm
right or not?
I've tested once nat with just loopback and it seemed a lot slower.
I have to reinstall both machine's this week because of an network
upgrade, so it would be now or never I think :-)

Paul

P.S. What about the maximum of network connections?