Date:      15 Jun 2002 14:56:35 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Zapper <Zapper@FoxChat.Net>
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Gdk-Warning

--=-Wi8mtDzwg4eZRXIukwcP

On Sat, 2002-06-15 at 14:43, Zapper wrote:
>   Trying to figure out what's causing this when I run either Mozilla or S=
ylpheed-Claws.  I looked around on the web before asking this question here=
 but most links seemed to be related to gnome with linux.  I'm running Free=
BSD-Stable with a P4 1.6G processor and 256M of ram.
>=20
> Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed: error 28 ( no space left on device )

Looks like you might be running out of shared memory segments.  You may
want to look at ipcs -m, and if you're running low on available
segments, raise the kern.ipc.shmmax and kern.ipc.shmall sysctls.

Something like:

kern.ipc.shmmax=3D67108864
kern.ipc.shmall=3D32768

Might fix things for you.