Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:06:40 -0500
From:      Brian Jackson <bjackson@conversent.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot Manager / Install

Hi -

  I have a question regarding installation - the handbook alluded to the

answer, but I'd like opinions from people who may have done this before :)

  My system is setup as follows:

  IDE Controller 0 : Drive 0 (jumpered as master) : Windows XP
  IDE Controller 0 : Drive 1 (jumpered as slave) : FreeBSD 4.7

  I'd like to be able to boot to either drive - but I'm not sure how to
configure the Boot Manager to accomplish this.  I assume that I need to
use Partition Magic or something similar to make space on drive 0 for
the boot manager?  Can I just go into sysinstall and select disk 0, then

install the boot manager?

  Any How To's, URLs, or words of wisdom greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
--
bjackson@conversent.com