Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:22:59 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        bmah@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Release documentation for 4.5-RELEASE

Bruce A. Mah wrote:

> Hi qa-ers,
>
> I've got the release documentation in a form that I think is ready to
> go, modulo any changes to code or other significant events that happen
> between now and R-day.
>
> It'd be great if those of you who have spare cycles could give them a
> quick reading and let me know of any problems you see.  The snapshots of
> the release documentation are, as always, at:
>
> http://people.FreeBSD.org/~bmah/relnotes/

One of the problems in this whole process is Appendix A.7 CVS Tags.
The tag for the next release never seems to go out with the
documentation for the release. For example, The highest release tag is

RELENG_4_4_0_RELEASE

It is usually update post release. I think that it is important for
..._4_5_0_RELEASE to be available on the CD's. A release should be
self-documenting.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart