Date:      Thu, 01 May 1997 12:55:50 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        bruce@zuhause.mn.org, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Where to start SMP?

Hi,

> > > Where's the recommended location for starting SMP?  I'm doing it in
> > > /usr/local/etc/rc.d, but I was wondering if I was missing something.
> > > I think it should be added to /etc/rc and /etc/rc.conf now that the
> > > SMP code is in -current.
> >
> > --
> > there is no 'recommended' place. experiment, let us know what works well...
>
> It would help posters like this, now that the merge is done, to have
> an "SMP" file in /etc/i386/conf" for an SMP version of "GENERIC".

do you mean srs/sys/i386/conf?  there is an SMP section in LINT there.
if you mean /etc/i386/? forgive me, I haven't had time to figure out
this new scheme for doing things.  I tried make -n install in src/etc
to see just what gets put into /etc, but it appears to be a NO-OP...

--
Steve Passe	| powered by