Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:51:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        Andy Ritger <ARitger@nvidia.com>
Cc:        Gareth Hughes <gareth@nvidia.com>
Subject:   Re: NVIDIA and TLS

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Andy Ritger wrote:
> The current NVIDIA FreeBSD driver only supports one threading library
> on FreeBSD for thread-safe, multi-threaded OpenGL applications: the
> FreeBSD port of linux-threads. The NVIDIA FreeBSD OpenGL driver uses
> both the i386_set_ldt system call and %gs to support high performance
> native OpenGL applications.

One question.  How does using %gs work in libc_r?  Thread switches
in libc_r use setjmp()/longjmp() neither of which save and restore
%gs.  If OpenGL sets %gs, libc_r will not change it when threads are
switched.

Is NVIDIA's OpenGL suppose to be thread-safe for libc_r?  I don't
see how it can be.  What am I missing?

--
Dan Eischen