Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 2020 21:51:35 +0200
From:      Evilham <contact@evilham.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Matthew Macy <mmacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CFT for vendor openzfs

Hey, thank you for this.

On dc., jul. 08 2020, Matthew Macy wrote:

> Checkout updated HEAD:
> % git clone https://github.com/mattmacy/networking.git -b
> projects/openzfs_vendor freebsd
>
> Checkout updated openzfs in to sys/contrib:
> % git clone https://github.com/zfsonfreebsd/ZoF.git -b
> projects/openzfs_vendor freebsd/sys/contrib/openzfs

A success compile and boot story here, will be alert and report
oddities if I find any; otherwise this would be one person who is
testing for whom things aren't utterly broken :-).

Just an addendum to your instructions:

If someone is already using git to manage FreeBSD's source, this
would be the way:
# Change working dir to the git repository
% cd ${FREEBSD_GIT_SOURCE}
# Add Matthew's remote
% git add remote mattmacy
  https://github.com/mattmacy/networking.git
# This will make it easier to follow HEAD
% git config pull.rebase true
# Merge Matthew's changes into curent branch
% git merge mattmacy/projects/openzfs_vendor
# Get OpenZFS's code
% git clone https://github.com/zfsonfreebsd/ZoF.git -b
  projects/openzfs_vendor sys/contrib/openzfs
# Build, install as usual, maybe use a checkpoint ;-)
--
Evilham