Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:18:42 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386 jail undex amd64: libkvm

Dear colleagues,

it seems this question had been arised several times, but I failed to find any
solution (yet).

What is (and is there?) the proper way to compile libkvm-related binaries (and
libkvm itself) to assure 32bit binaries work with amd64 kernel structures?

Straight way with installing i386 world, or cross-compile with TARGET=i386
leads to empty result with ps and

kvm_open: kinfo_proc size mismatch (expected 768, got 1088)
top: Out of memory.

with top.

I tried to play with lib32 libraries and different system headers, but did not
succeed.

Any clues?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,