Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 15:43:00 +0000
From:      Brandon Stewart <rostewa2@vt.edu>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound card problems.

Doug White wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Stephen A. Derdau wrote:
>
> > I Have the cd-rom music playing through the sound card.
> > Can't get much more to work.  ie mic or have other sound files play.
>
> What version of FreeBSD are you using?  If you're using 2.2.6 you might
> consider trying the pcm0 driver.

Will the pcm0 driver work with Gravis UltraSound classic? I saw Gravis
UltraSound PNP, but nothing about Gravus UltraSound w/o PNP. The Voxware
drivers no longer seem to work with Gravis Ultrasound (actually, its the
interface of the drivers with isa.c). It would be nice to have sound
support and the latest kernel sources.

Thanks,
Brandon.