Date:      Mon, 03 Jun 2002 15:28:13 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        "Vladimir G. Drobyshevsky" <vlad@telecom.ural.ru>
Cc:        owner-freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Walid Nehme <walidn@yahoo.com>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: install ports through proxy server

Vladimir G. Drobyshevsky schrieb:
> Have a nice day!
>
> Monday, June 3, 2002, 6:53:25 PM, you wrote:
>
> WN> Dear sirs.
> WN> I'm interested in one question.
> WN> i usually install ports from internet.
> WN> but is there a way to tell my box to use a certain proxy
> WN> server.
> WN> i work in a localnet and have a proxy server for a download
> WN> satellite, and want to use download satellite to download
> WN> my ports, so that not to close the upload on my modem.
> WN> Tnx a lot.
> Just set environment variables named FTP_PROXY and HTTP_PROXY with
> address of your proxy server, like
>
> csh# setenv HTTP_PROXY http://proxy.some.host.com:3128
> csh# setenv FTP_PROXY http://proxy.some.host.com:3128

Alternatively, you can put a line like

FETCH_ENV= HTTP_PROXY=http://proxy.some.host.com:<portnumber>;
FTP_PROXY=http://proxy.some.host.com:<portnumber>;

(all on one line) in /etc/make.conf. That way, you don't need to modify
your work-environment and the proxies will even be used when you upgrade
  ports via cronjobs. Also note that you don't need to set FTP_PROXY, if
HTTP_PROXY and FTP_PROXY are the same.

Regards,
--
Michael Nottebrock