Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 1996 20:10:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        PETER STUBBS <PETERS@staidan.qld.edu.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lyx port anyone? / IBM wireless lan?

> Is anyone working on a port for Lyx the Latex wordprocessor? Is the
> general feeling that we should just run the linux version?

No, don't do that.  I tried running the linux version with linux-emu and
for some reason or other it didn't work...oh, I think I remember.  If I
remember right, the version I was trying to use wanted some ELF libs I
didn't have.  (Linux_lib-2.0 btw.)

> I've had a very quick look at the code, but there seems to be some
> uglyness about the way it uses xforms that didn't work on my 2.1
> system.

Use the Imakefile to compile it.  You need to change the various
directories to point at the right things (TeX in particular) and change
the -lforms to -lxforms.  I also had to copy forms.h from the xforms port
to that directory because for some reason the compiler couldn't find it
when making the port.  Someone with half a clue could probably fix this,
I'm rather lame at doing this sort of stuff.

But once you get it working, it works great!

Good luck,

Brian