Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 1999 18:11:44 +0000
From:      George Lewis <schvin@bigfoot.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Laptops?

Well, I'd have to definitely recommend the Toshiba Libretto. It's components
are fairly standard (aside from size and form factors <g>), and the laptop
itself is freaking small, about 8x5x1 inches. I have an older model, the 50CT,
which I got for about $600, although those are hard to find.

Mine came with Windows 95, which immediately got removed and overwritten with
Linux. My older model only has an 800 MB drive in it, but since it uses
standard drives (small standards, mind you), I'm about to order a 6.4 GB disk
from a third party to install (yes, internally) and then I'll probably run
FreeBSD, Linux, and who knows what else. <g>

George

on Tue, Apr 06, 1999 at 07:44:01PM +0200 Johan Mårtensson <balrog@swipnet.se> wrote:
> I'd just want to start by thanking you guys for the greatest OS that was
> ever made. I've tried Linux and it isn't half as good when it comes to
> stability and speed (I won't even compare it to NT...). I love FreeBSD
> and since I'm (in my dreams anyway) planning to by a laptop, is there
> anyway that I can use my favorite OS on a laptop. And if this is
> possible, what laptop should i buy for the best performance under
> FreeBSD? (lower end laptops, I'm a poor student).
>

> Johan Mårtensson

George Lewis
http://schvin.portico.org/
portico.org: the source for linux tips