Date:      Fri, 12 May 2006 20:18:16 -0500
From:      Derek Ragona <derek@computinginnovations.com>
To:        Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Pros and Cons of running under inetd....

Simply reinstall what ever ported apps you are using and look for a sample
startup script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d, or look in /etc/defaults/rc.conf for
the settings to override in /etc/rc.conf to run any standard system
services at boot.

You can search the old security lists or look in SANS archives on the
actual exploits about inetd.

         -Derek