Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2006 08:19:11 +0100
From:      Geoff Buckingham <Geoff.Buckingham@reuters.com>
To:        "Evgueni V. Gavrilov" <freebsd@rusunix.org>, freebsd-proliant@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: ProLiant DL360 G4p: ciss(4) boottime oddity

I have also seen this and there has been a previous brief thread.

My own observations are this appears to be limited to machines with ciss
controllers. The length of the delay seems proportional to the number of
geom modules loaded. Geom_label seems to have a significant effect
without it you will probably have a shorter, but still considerable
delay.