Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 20:16:35 -0400
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <sfriedri@laker.net>
To:        "freebsd-scsi" <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   old SCSI vs CAM

I am pretty new to FreeBSD, but have been around unix awhile.

I am currently running 2.2.7 STABLE and I believe that in the near
future, CAM is going to affect me.

I have a CD-ROM attached to a MediaVision PAS16 using the nca driver.
I believe that when CAM gets rolled into STABLE, I'll lose the nca
driver... Am I right ??  This won't be catastrophic for me, it will
just be something to address.  I'd hope that someone would whack
together a CAM version of nca... But I can understand if you don't want
to bother.

I'm planning on switching to 3.0.0 on Oct 15th, don't know if CAM will
be just rolled into current or also stable...