Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 1999 13:05:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Matthew J Hughes <mhughes@shrike.depaul.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.1 install from CD-rom help ?

Hi all,
	I have a p-100 with win95 installed on a quantum fireball 1GB and
FreeBSD 2.2.5 on a 515MB drive(primary slave), both IDE. However I just
had to reinstall win95 (for my wife and schoolwork) and it has rewritten my
MBR. So I went out and finally bought FreeBSD 3.1 on the walnut creek
CD-ROM. I attempted installing it on my machine and after figuring out my
first problem( bad media) I am now stuck. I read the (help) install files
on CD-ROM 1. The problem is I have a Proaudio spectrum-16 with a scsi to
NEC tripple speed CD-ROM (caddy drive, I don't know the exact model). In
the txt file it says in one location that Proaudio 16 is supported and
about a paragraph later it says it is not. I get most of the way through
the novice install and then it says error and does not write anything to
the drives.
	My assumption is that it does not support either the sound card or
it's scsi connection in the 3.1 generic kernel. If anyone knows why or how
to fix this please email me.(I used to subscribe to questions but the
shear volume was to much for me)
							Matt
P.S. I hope I have included enough information to answer this I put in
everthing I could think of but as is usually the case with us newbies I
probally left out the import piece. Thanks in advance!