Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2005 11:15:55 -0800
From:      Soheil Hassas Yeganeh <soheil.h.y@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   GeForce2 Go and Dual Head: An strange problem

Dear All,

I have a Dell Inspiron 2650 and a GeForce2 Go graphic card on it. I
have installed the nvidia-driver from the ports collection.

When I use the open source nv driver for X, I can switch between the
console and X properly. ( with ALT + CTRL + F[1..9] ).
But when I use the binary nvidia driver on X, when I switch to the
console my laptop hangs on. ( Nothing works, It really hangs :(( ) I
have to use the acpi power button the turn my laptop off ;)

As you know the open source nv driver is not working for dual head. So
I have to use the NVidia binary driver just for dual monitor usage.

I have tested many cases, I've got a --- STRANGE --- pattern.
If the second Monitor is plugged when the nvidia X driver is loading,
I can switch between console and X just like the nv. But when the
nvidia is loaded without the second monitor plugged I cannot switch
between console and the X and it will hangs ;) hmmm thats really
strange to me.

Anyone knows why ?

Best Regards,
Soheil