Date:      Sun, 21 May 2006 10:07:52 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Yuriy Tsibizov <Yuriy.Tsibizov@gfk.ru>
To:        sekes <gexlie@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for testing: emu10kx driver for Creative sound cards

On Sat, 20 May 2006, sekes wrote:
> On 5/20/06, Yuriy Tsibizov <Yuriy.Tsibizov@gfk.ru> wrote:
>
>       On Sat, 20 May 2006, sekes wrote:
>
>       > i have this soundcard:
>       > EMU10000 Sound Blaster Live! (Also Live! 5.1) - OEM from
>       DELL - CT4780
>       >
>       > i can test your driver, but it is not supported as i see :(
>       > may i hope of supporting dell oem cards by your driver in a
>       future?
>
>       Can you try? I think it can work with emu10kx, there was some
> yes it does. thanks. everything works fine except a liitle lack: rears
> not producing any sound :)
Did you set your sound player to use /dev/dsp1 for output?
You will also need to use mixer -f /dev/mixer1 to control "rear" mixer.

> that's a dmesg:
> emu10kx0: <Creative SBLive! 5.1 Digital [SB0220]> port 0xdf80-0xdf9f irq
> 21 at device 13.0 on pci2
Do you really have this card or it is misdetected?

> pcm0: <EMU10Kx DSP FRONT PCM Interface> on emu10kx0
> pcm0: <SigmaTel STAC9708/11 AC97 Codec>
> pcm1: <EMU10Kx DSP REAR PCM Interface> on emu10kx0
> pcm2: <EMU10Kx DSP CENTER PCM Interface> on emu10kx0
> pcm3: <EMU10Kx DSP SUBWOOFER PCM Interface> on emu10kx0
> pci2: <input device> at device 13.1 (no driver attached)
center / sub will not work on your card (for now).

> sudo cat /dev/emu10kx0
> FreeBSD EMU10Kx Audio Driver
>
> Hardware resource usage:
> DSP General Purpose Registers: 38 used, 256 total
> DSP Instruction Registers: 54 used, 512 total
> Card supports AC97 codec and 5.1 output, SBLive! DSP code
>
> Installed devices:
> EMU10Kx DSP FRONT PCM Interface on pcm0
> EMU10Kx DSP REAR PCM Interface on pcm1
> EMU10Kx DSP CENTER PCM Interface on pcm2
> EMU10Kx DSP SUBWOOFER PCM Interface on pcm3
> EMU10Kx MIDI Interface
>         On-card connector on midi0
Hmm... I'll look on this too. There should be no MIDI related info,
because you don't have midi device in dmesg.
>         IR reciever MIDI events disabled

Thank you for your help,

Yuriy