Date:      Wed, 04 Dec 1996 08:20:09 -0800
From:      Erich Boleyn <erich@uruk.org>
To:        Terje Normann Marthinussen <Terje.N.Marthinussen@cc.uit.no>
Cc:        smp@csn.net, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crashing on activating other CPUs

Terje Normann Marthinussen <Terje.N.Marthinussen@cc.uit.no> writes:

> Just for the record, I did a continue in DDB just after this.
> Now I wonder, what happens when you get into DDB, do you get the
> code that generated the trap, or do get the code that cpu0 was at when
> you got the trap?
>
> Tried after a reboot:
> cpunumber = 0
> instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xf010d65b
> stack pointer           = 0x10:0xefbfff68
> frame pointer           = 0x10:0xefbfff6c
> code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
>                         = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
> processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, IOPL = 0
> current process         = 6 (cpuidle1)
> interrupt mask          =
> kernel: type 29 trap, code=0

The "type 29 trap" is the IPI used for SMP invalidates, I believe.

I noticed that yours responds different than mine...  did you hardwire the
low-level to 2 cpus somewhere?

--
  Erich Stefan Boleyn                 \_ E-mail (preferred):  <erich@uruk.org>
Mad Genius wanna-be, CyberMuffin        \__      (finger me for other stats)