Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2013 15:23:04 -0500
From:      Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl@ringofsaturn.com>
To:        Raynaud Alexandre <alexandre.raynaud@sallanches.fr>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASSP current stable

=20

Raynaud,=20

We've been in a ports lock down for a while but even so,
it doesn't pay to upgrade this port too often because there are often
bugs in releases that are fixed and a new tarball rolled with the same
version. The current version is from March 3rd so we're not that out of
date. We're out of lock down now so I will look at another release
sometime soon.=20

That being said, are you concerned about a bug or
feature that the 1.99 version offers that the 1.98 doesn't?=20

Rusty
Nejdl=20

On 2013-04-18 12:24, Raynaud Alexandre wrote:=20

> Hi, as
mentioned in ASSP 1.9x latest changelog, ASSP 1.98 any build are no
longer maintained and the only stable version is build 1.99 (13098) :=20

> _ASSP changelog assp.pl 1.99 (13106)_=20
>=20
> _ _=20
>=20
> _-There is no
developer version 1.98 any longer._=20
>=20
> _-There is only a stable
version starting with build 1.99 (13098)._=20
>=20
> _ _=20
>=20
> Are there any
plans to upgrade FreeBSD ASSP port?=20
>=20
> Thanks=20
>=20
> Regards,=20
>=20

MAIRIE DE SALLANCHES=20
>=20
> DIRECTION DES SYST=C3=88MES D'INFORMATION=20
>=20

ALEXANDRE RAYNAUD=20
>=20
> email: alexandre.raynaud@sallanches.fr

=20
From owner-freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG  Thu Apr 18 20:55:49 2013
From: Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 21:55:18 +0100
Subject: LC_MESSAGES plist generation
To: "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>

HI all,

It drives me absolutely nuts keeping track of which .mo files get
installed to %D/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES, and they seem to have new
ones added all the time.

This means that what should be a simple version bump turns into
chasing up gettext directories etc; have a look at [1] for the fun I
have most times I update transmission.

How do people feel about simply automatically generating the plist
entries?  This patch simply replaces all the %%NLS%% lines in the
plist with a single LC_MESSAGES=${mo_name}; for example the
Transmission port would use LC_MESSAGES=transmission-gtk.

The patch shows how accessibility/atk and gettext would be modified,
and there's a buildlog at [2] for atk, with obvious rough edges
(coupla empty directories left behind, obviously we can fix that with
hier cookies in gettext).

http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/lc-messages-patch.diff

Who else wants to chop out loads of useless plist lines? :)

Chris

[1] http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/net-p2p/transmission-gtk/pkg-plist

[2] http://www.bayofrum.net/tb/index.php?action=display_markup_log&build=7.4-local&id=2388