Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:58:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Doug Moore <dougm@caam.rice.edu>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux gets credit for Yahoo's Apache

FYI, a column on the thestreet.com on July 27 by Jim Seymour, titled
"Opportunity Ahead: Donning the Red Hat, Part 2" contains the
following misinformation:

"Consider, for example, that Yahoo! (YHOO:Nasdaq), probably the
highest-traffic Web site in the world, runs on Apache server-software
running atop Linux."

Seymour has tried to have this misinformation corrected.  He writes
today:

  "Hmmm. Just checked, and you're right.  Odd, because I gave 'em the
  correction yesterday afternoon, almost immediately after the col
  appeared...and these usually go up right away."

  "Thanks for staying on top of this. I'll ping 'em again...."

So far, though, the misinformation is still out there.

I figured you FreeBSD advocates would like to know about Linux
getting the credit that FreeBSD deserves.

The article is at
http://www.thestreet.com/comment/techsavvy/766561.html
a subscription is required.

Doug Moore