Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2017 09:54:22 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Tao Zhou <tao@ish.com.au>, Asterisk-BSD@lists.digium.com, freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Asterisk13 coredump on freebsd 11.1

On 09/18/2017 09:39, Tao Zhou wrote:
> I recently upgraded asterisk13 from 13.17.0_1 to 13.17.1, and also
> upgraded freebsd from 11.0 to 11.1. since then asterisk starts crashing
> every few minutes.

Hi,

Are you using a locally build asterisk port or the package provided by
the FreeBSD cluster?

In both cases, have you tried reinstalling (or rebuilding in case you're
using ports) all the ports/packages asterisk depends on?

> I ran /usr/local/share/asterisk/scripts/ast_coredumper /tmp/asterisk.core
>
> and got the following result in asterisk.core-full.txt
>

> Thread 6 (LWP 101423):
[...]
> Backtrace stopped: Cannot access memory at address 0x7fffdfd10000

Unluckily the core dump to be of any use should be created using a debug
build of asterisk, you can try set "WITH_DEBUG" with the port, also
check that no optimization is passed to the compiler when building the
debug version.

> I tried to run without loading any asterisk modules, and it still crashes.
>
> I also tried copying all the dependent libs from another machine running
> freebsd 11.0, put them in a separate directory and use chrpath to force
> asterisk use those libs, and also got the same error.

Better rebuild things from scratch on the same machine.

> Any ideas?

Have you tried using Asterisk 13.17.0_1 on FreeBSD 11.1?  and 13.17.1 on
11.0?

Just to rule out one variable.

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>