Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:17:43 -0400
From:      Don Tyson <donald@stanfordalumni.org>
To:        Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
Cc:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>, Chris Piazza <cpiazza@jaxon.net>, Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: show stopper

> What devices are you using that depend on miibus? Like I said earlier,
> I've got a 3Com 3C905C-TX (xl driver) which relies on miibus, and I've
> had no troubles.
>
> Andrew Hesford
> ajh3@chmod.ath.cx

It's a D-Link 530TX+ which uses the rl driver which requires the
miibus.  I use the rl driver b/c that's what it was identified as
after I first installed it.  If there's another driver that will
work with the card I'd happy to try that instead.

I've just finished updating sources and started a new make world
(which has always finished successfully) -- after that I'll try
recompiling the kernel, which is where I'm having the problem and
understand others are as well.

Thanks
Don Tyson