Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 08:54:30 -0400 (AST)
From:      Marc Fournier <marc.fournier@acadiau.ca>
To:        Dexnation Holodream <dex@wankers.net>
Cc:        Marc Fournier <marc.fournier@acadiau.ca>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2940UW with two ?? UW drives...

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Dexnation Holodream wrote:

> the 2940UW is a great controller.  I have a system that (up to this point)
> has NEVER crashed.  I've run 2.2.5-STABLE and 2.2.6-STABLE on it.  My
> longest uptime was 51 days, 15:31, and that's cause I got really lazy
> about cvsup, and decided to see how long it would stay up...and then they
> went and  released 2.2.6...
>
> here are a few questions for you to answer:
>
> 1) can you repeatedly connect to it (but not get a login prompt)

	Yes...

> 2) how long do you wait for the prompt

	An hour?

> 3) what is the machine doing

	Not sure what you mean here, but its the CVSup server for
PostgreSQL, news feeder/peer to 29 other hosts, WWW server for several
domains, only a couple being high traffic...

> 4) do you have any sort of firewall between you and the box

	No...

> 5) what are the loads on the box

	Negligible, as far as I know, but I wasn't watching that at the
time :(

> 6) are there any in.telnetd.core files

	Have to check when it comes back up, but I don't think so...

> 7) are there any login.core files

	Same as 6...

> 8) what minor release are you running (2, 5, or 6)

	Whatever 2.2-STABLE is as of two days ago...