Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:41:17 -0800
From:      "joseph grundy" <joseph.grundy@rightsolve.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: problem with install

I just went through the bios, I can only change acpi from state 1 to =
state 3 both still give the same problem.
I don't know what else I can do, unless there is a way to install =
without acpi somehow.

=20

Joseph

	Hello
=09
	how would I disable acpi? I do not know what it goes to in the bios.
=09
	Thanks
=09
=09
	        Hi,
	      =20
	        On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 09:55:49PM -0800, joseph grundy wrote:
	        > I am having problems trying to install FreeBSD.
	        > I have installed in before on different machines, but now =
this is the only one I have. I would like to have FreeBSD as my main OS =
on the machine.

	        > When I put in the bootable cd and restart the computer, I get =
to the boot section where it says
	        > Hit enter or wait 9 seconds to boot
	        >
	        > I hit enter and get the follow
	        > /boot/kernel/acpi.ko test=3D0x3985c data=3D0x1978+0xb2k =
sysms=3D[0x4+0x6010+0x4+0x7994 ]
	        > then the line below it is spinning and stops and freezes.
	      =20
	        it seems that there is a problem with the acpi kernel module. =
Can you disable acpi
	        in you bios? If yes, try booting without acpi. Or maybe you can =
disable some modules
	        in the boot loader menu (but im not sure about that).
	       =20
	        > I have tried 4.2, 4.4, 4.7. and 5.0 releases all lock in the =
same place. I have windows 2000 server on first 40 gigs of a 60 gig HD.
	        > Inside the machine are
	        > Intel 850 MV motherboard
	        > 2 256 sticks of rambus and 2 dummy cards to terminate unused =
memory slots
	        > geforce 3
	        > Audigy Plat
	        > Intel 10/100 pro NIC
	        > adaptec 2940 scsi card
	        > dvd player ( used for install )
	        > cdrw scsi
	        > cd rom scsi
	        > secondary 60 gig HD
	      =20
	        Sorry, these are just suggestions as i dont know where the =
problem really is...
	      =20
	        cheers,
	                tom
	      =20
=09
=09
**********PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION**********
The information contained in this document is intended solely for use by =
the persons or entities identified above.  This electronically =
transmitted document contains privileged and confidential information =
including information which may be protected by the attorney-client =
and/or work product privileges.  If you are not the intended recipient, =
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of the =
contents of this transmission is prohibited.   If you received this =
transmission in error, please delete this message without making a copy.